1. The Wood Song by the Indigo Girls. In my late 20s, this song was like an anthem to me, a mantra of a song. Here in mid-life, it hits me again with such incredible power. “If the weather holds, then we’ll have missed the point. That’s where I need to go.” Yeah, I can think of maybe a dozen of their songs that have been transformative for me.
2. Bees. The Queen is dreaming. Inside the hive is a hum, holding their Lady in the warmth of their wings. May the bees thrive.
3. Doing handwork with my boy.
4. It’s been a few weeks since I saw it, but I can’t get the image out of my mind of a Great Blue Heron crouched low in the corner of the pond where the biggest spring trickles in with its warmer waters. That corner of the pond only freezes in the very coldest of temperatures, and the Great Blue likes the little spa it provides. There’s faerie magic there, I think.
5. Dandelion wine. Have I put that on the list several times in the last week? This stuff is home crafted by a friend. Tooth of the Lion in the middle of winter. That’s a sacrament, I think.
May we walk in Beauty.