“Don’t count your sheep,” says Ellis, “until the wolf is gone.”
1. Chocolate and a burger for grounding
2. The Emergency Women’s Shelter at the YWCA
3. 10 hours of sleep–winter hibernation-style
4. The way the snow glows blue from inside? Have you noticed? What makes it do that, I wonder? I’m thinking it’s the faeries.
5. All my Valentines, you and you and someone else: we draw these webs between us,
made of chocolate and sunlight and tentative smiles
and Facebook notes and photos of the places we love
and the toothy grins of our children
and the hope of helping out a little bit
and seeking our roots and our sources together
and following traditions
and breaking traditions
and going a little bit wilder
and dancing until the chickens come home to roost.
Much love. May we walk in Beauty!