I am a rock star. I came down out of the fields today and one of my groupies caught sight of me. “Book?” she asked. Another head shot up from behind the compost pile. “Clook!” she yelled. And then they were rushing me, “Lookee! Lookee! Lookee!” Little feathery bodies racing toward me, wings akimbo.
If you ever feel down about yourself, get some hens. You too can be a rock star.
1. The community Potato Pitching Party. Three and a half tons of potatoes, all de-trucked and sorted and re-packed into waiting pick-ups and cars. By hand. Woohoo!
2. Being a rock star to chickens. Book! Clook?
3. Coconut macaroons, no matter how they look.
4. Working in the windy fields with spring sunshine slanting down.
5. Quartzite and shale and the way all the field rocks sparkle and twinkle in the sunlight.
May we walk in beauty!