make it all a prayer
each motion, each thought, each step
feel the connection
that silver strand that pulls you
to the heart of another
1. Those planets snuggled up to the moon at dusk yesterday. Any of my star-folk friends know who they were?
2. Making art with my RVRGRL and my Animalboy. In the time of the beginning, there was a cave. . .
3. Yesterday someone I love anointed my head with oil. We were thinking more of protecting the crown chakra than of the 23rd Psalm, but I think it was kind of the same thing. I was tenderly shepherded.
4. Reading about reading. To say that preparing for teaching in the fall is a stimulating experience is an understatement of vast proportions. I love to feel The Teacher re-waking within me.
5. How have I not yet had a gratitude dedicated to tomatoes? Summertime tomatoes! Red ones! Pink ones! Stripey ones! Golden sunshiny yellow ones! Deep purple and indigo ones! Wintry grocery store tomatoes taste like styrofoam and sawdust and the people who pick them are not given fair wages or healthy living conditions–don’t eat them; please, don’t eat them. Summertime tomatoes are luscious and wonderful, and they’re usually harvested by your local adorable farmer.
May we walk in Beauty!