1. Feeling better. Maybe sometimes it takes feeling sick for a day to remind me how good normal feels. I can get whiny and fussy about how tired and achy I am these days, but a day of being sick makes the default me feel pretty energetic and happy. Also, if you’re going to feel really sick, having a crazy storm blowing cool winds in the window is a nice environment to be sick in.
2. Another new addition to the family. I think Afil Hamster will be with us a little longer than the baby mouse was.
3. Feeling the work take shape. It’s like watching a small creature emerge from an egg.
4. Is it the weather? Is it simply the time of year? I am feeling the transition beginning within me, in these weeks before I start school. I was worried that I would come to August and feel cheated of my summer, or like it had gone so quickly that I didn’t have time to get it all together. But the internal transition is happening. I feel ready, and I am grateful for that.
5. Hope. I know I have written about this before. I know and appreciate Pema Chodron’s definition. Maybe I am actually identifying something else when I write of hope–but there’s a kernel of something in there that makes me strive, makes me move beyond simple resignation toward something better. Even in my prayer and meditative life, I feel like a ray of hope renews the energy for that internal work.
May we walk in Beauty!