An extra bonus gratitude today. Just because.
1. My postcards have begun to arrive! I joined a postcard poetry project for August, writing a poem a day on a postcard and sending it to some random person on a list. And I get postcards, too. Feel like I need to up my game a bit. I wrote a few early so that people get theirs on or near the beginning of the month. The ones I received yesterday were so brilliant! I’ll probably share a few of mine in September.
2. The feathers. It happened last year, too–for at least a month, I would find one feather almost every single day. This week I have begun finding them again, like they’re placed there for me to find.
3. Summer suppers: corn and homemade bread and tomatoes and peach cobbler and watermelon.
4. Visiting with friends I haven’t seen for a long time. Shared memories, new stories, figuring out the world.
6. Bats flying overhead in the twilight, like a physical representation of the conversation happening on the ground.
May we walk in Beauty!