1. That spider whom I dislodged from a corner of a little-used bin yesterday. As she scuttled away, I saw three swelling egg sacs. I hung them carefully in an out-of-the-way place, and then found Mama Spider again and shooed her onto the egg sacs. She immediately took up her guard there again. Fierce Mama Protectiveness, even in Arachnia.
2. New Computer. I’ve been feeling a tiny little bit overwhelmed by the size of the technological learning curve as I prepare for school, but a little time playing and fiddling does go a long way toward making me feel comfortable in these new virtual rooms.
3. Community Building. I am pushing my getting-started classroom plans back a day or so in order to do some community-building exercises in my classes. Before we talk about Narrative Structure in Literature, we’ll tell our own stories.
4. Good conversations. Thank you for being my village, friends.
5. Even though I really loved that dress, I am incredibly grateful that it tore BEFORE I wore it to a day of school meetings rather than when I got there. I’ll hem it up and make a shirt of it.
May we walk in Beauty!