1. My helpful colleagues. These are people who keep stopping by and asking how things are going even when they know by now that that my answer never stops at “Great!” but always moves on to “But I do have this one little question. . .” I really enjoy being part of this team, where teachers consider and care about the social, emotional, and spirit lives of the students as well as the pursuit of academic excellence.
2. So I am happily loving my job. But I am also relieved and eager for the coming four-day weekend. Teacher meetings on Friday are still a break for me, a chance to not be “on” all the time, and a lesson-plan-free evening tonight. Short weeks to begin. Ease us all in to the year.
3. The blue faerie fire in those labradorite beads Mara gave me. What looks like lovely greenish mossy stones, if you sit with them and turn them into the light, will suddenly flash blue fire. I think that’s one of those things that means more than it means. And the pendant represents Joy, which is where gratitude often takes me, even when I am tired, even when I am sad.
4. Sleep. So important for students and teachers.
5. Cool breezes this morning. I don’t know, but I think that my classroom must have hit 90 degrees yesterday. It’s hard to teach in that. Maybe it’ll break a bit
May we walk in Beauty!