1. All my Facebook friends who write gratitude lists, which reminds me to do my own.
2. The bolt of magenta that flowed upward from the morning’s tangerine sunrise onto an indigo belly of cloud. Sounds a little over-done to read it like that, but that’s kind of how it is with these morning sunrises. Show-offy. I’m not complaining.
3. The same tangerine and magenta in the sunset today. My life feels a little closed in these days, driving into sunrise on my morning commute and into sunset on my evening commute, and indoors for the hours between. But hail and welcome, Winter, anyway. And thank you for the colors.
4. There’s this thing about the crows. I can’t quite figure out how to work it into a poem. I want to say that I am a row of bare white sycamore trees with crows in my hair, crows like thoughts above me. Perhaps it’s crows and sunset. Crows and sunset and bare trees. What is the riddle that keeps asking to be noticed when the crows fly? I love them so.
5. And sundogs. Also in the crows and sunset train. Still, their own thing. They way they settle gently on top of a cloud. How they brighten the sky directly outside their arc. How they suggest a full circle spectrum around the sun.
May we walk in Beauty!