1. Unfrozen pipes. This is half a week old. On Sunday night, the intake pipe in the spring froze. It’s never done that before. My fundi (Swahili for handyman) husband figured out how to unfreeze it and how to weight the pipe so it stays under the water in the spring so it doesn’t happen again. (Knock on wood.)
2. This new governor. I don’t plan to be starry-eyed. I haven’t been particularly excited about the work of the last couple of governors. This one has already put into place a moratorium on the death penalty in PA. Maybe we’re moving into a more humane future.
3. Snow geese. Have I mentioned the snow geese? Tonight, driving home in the snow, I watched them settle like snowflakes, like leaves, like feathers, into a field near the highway.
4. Being inside. Having a warm house. Saying prayers tonight for those without shelter.
5. Teenagers. These people are so sparkly and earnest, so silly and irreverent, so sweet and so edgy. I have probably said this one, too, but it bears repeating: The world is going to be in good hands if these people are going to be the ones running things.
May we walk in Beauty!