“If you take two steps toward God,” the Sufi mystic Satish Kumar tells Pi Patel in Life of Pi, “God runs to you!”
My friend, do you see
how everything runs to you
when you draw nearer?
1. The daffodils at school are preparing to burst open some morning soon.
2. That red-tailed hawk that wheeled low above the farm this afternoon.
3. Still room to ripen. How to say this one? I’ve been thinking lately about how middle age doesn’t not have to mean peak ripeness. I’m still allowed to grow, still allowed to mature. Whew.
4. Wiggle room. Some days, it’s okay to be simply sufficient. Striving counts.
5. Teamwork. I love my colleagues.
May we walk in Beauty!