Prayer for Kyla in tanka
breathing in patience
breathing out worry and fear
breathing in silence
breathing healing, breathing hope
breathing light, breathing courage
1. This morning while we were packing up the Lancaster shares, two teeny tiny toads hopped across my toes. At first I thought they were some of the mud clods that I was sweeping from the pick-up bed, and I am really happy that I did not try to kick them out of the way.
2. Living prayerfully. Summer affords a chance to step into that contemplative space. I wish that all my contemplation could be on joy and beauty, but it is also on the needs and suffering of some people I love, but I am grateful to be part of the web.
3. Letterboxing with the kiddos again today. We found four more stamps today and we hiked and hiked and hiked. At one point, we stopped to take a break on a really long uphill climb. “Hey Joss,” said Ellis, “can you let Mama sit on that step? She’s not as. . .not as. . .not as athletic as you are.” Moments later, “Hey Ellis! Could you just wait here a little longer? I don’t think Mama is quite done resting yet.” I am not so young as I once was.
4. And then when we got home, Joss and I went berry-picking by the pond, and hundreds and hundreds of teeny tiny frogs went skipping over the lily pads.
5. Pie! We made a many-berry pie with the berries we picked: blackberries, wineberries, a few token black raspberries, and red and white mulberries. And because the crust recipe makes two crusts, I found a recipe for applesauce pie and made that as well.
May we walk in Beauty! May we find healing.