1. This song I found in my “stack of random papers,” one that I remember Tabea teaching me a few years ago: “Doors closing, doors opening. Doors closing, doors I’m opening. I am safe. It’s only change. I am safe. It’s only change.”
2. In all of my yesterday-celebration of teeny-tinies, I didn’t mention the monarch caterpillar on the bottom of a milkweed leaf, so small it was almost still just a dream. But I think I felt it looking at me, asking what I am doing to make the world safe.
3. Also, the teeny-tiny snails that Joss kept stopping to pick up and place at the side of the trails so no one would step on them.
4. Pie! Well, see, there were leftovers. And tomorrow, still, there will be more pie leftover. And this makes me happy.
5. This practice. Sometimes I need it more than others. Some days are sad or morose, some are angry or confused. Often, my days are satisfying and comfortable, or busy but pleasant. Today was a grumpy sort of day. I grouched at and interfered with my children. I made commands and demands. I was not the most pleasant person to live with. Not mean or shamefully spiteful. Just a grouch. Finding five things on a grouchy day is a challenge. Fortunately, I had a little overflow from yesterday in #2 an #3.
Thank you for listening. May we walk in Beauty!