1. Inner vigilance. Not panicky hyper-attention, but calm and thoughtful dropped and open attention. So much to learn about the world.
2. The sun-limned cloud on the journey home from school yesterday.
3. Making art with a small person.
4. Watching a small person dive headfirst into the world of literature. (Now to make sure he can get anything else done.)
5. Honey. Those bees know what they’re doing. As Ellis said once when he was about three: “Honey is my favorite medicine.”
May we walk in Beauty!