1. The moon and her morning companion. How brightly beams the morning star.
2. (I don’t really believe in jinxing a good thing, but something in me fears to name this for fear it won’t last. Here goes, anyway.) SLEEP. Good sleep. Long sleep. While it lasts.
3. Potatoes and mushrooms and broccoli. Companions, again. May we accompany each other like the right combination of vegetables, like moon and star.
4. Courage. My favorite quotation from the Narnia books: “Courage, Dear Heart.” That was Aslan speaking to Lucy. Sometimes I hear him say it to me, too.
5. Advent. Anticipation. Expectation. Preparation. Inner work. Remembering that the Light Returns.
May we walk in Beauty!