1. Onions. All those layers of self to peel through, each crisp paper pulling away as it is shed.
2. Roots. The roots of the roots.
3. Support. Again. There when I need it, from so many corners.
4. Sychronicity. It has been uncanny in these Advent days how at just the moment that I am experiencing a challenge of some sort, the morning’s spiritual practices are referring to the exact challenge that I am living through.
5. And finally, I think I am ready to say that I am actually grateful for the particular challenges that are currently on my plate. Likely I have not yet learned from them all that I need to learn, but I think that they are teaching me. At least I feel myself learning, little by little, how to manage the quick rush of indignation, the wounded wildcat impulse to attack back, the urge to be right, to explain myself. I may not get it the next time, but at least for now, I think I am learning a little.
May we walk in Beauty!