I took this last summer with a mirror filter with my son’s camera. Angels everywhere.
Last night’s dreams don’t feel like any place to gather large and thoughtful ideas for the year, but here goes:
- I got a ticket for parking my dune buggy in a handicapped space.
- I spent a lot of time waiting for something to happen, in a bar, with someone named Conrad, a quiet and comfortable presence.
- What looked like a dauntingly enormous tankard of beer was suddenly a quiet cup of steaming coffee in my hand.
Perhaps it was all a reminder to keep waiting, keep listening (like Conrad), accept responsibility for myself even when I don’t realize that I have broken the rules, remain temperate and awake.
1. The long Sabbath of Christmas Break, impending.
2. Answering well, then disengaging.
3. The way One Small Boy loves to make Christmas.
4. A life free of boredom.
5. All the creative ways in which people birth their dreams.
As salaam aleikum. Shalom. Peace to you.