1. The UNICEF Social for the Middle School last night. I was tired from a week of work, and really desiring some introvert time, so I wasn’t quite sure I was up for it, but it was incredibly worth it to see the high schoolers reaching out to the Middle School kids, giving them a great time, and getting a chance to get to know some of those bright and shining 6th-8th graders. One girl told me afterward, “This was so great! We don’t often get a chance to just hang out together.” I’m proud of the UNICEF team.
2. Game Night at church last night. So I didn’t get to go home and have my introvert time after the social because we had game night at church afterwards. What fun. I am so glad that we went. I felt sort of like that Middle School girl, really grateful for a chance to just hang out with these people. I agree with Erin–we ought to consider monthly game nights, or at least every other month. . .
3. Movers and Lovers. I love Mindy Nolt‘s music, and I woke up with “Movers and Lovers” in my head this morning. Just the soundtrack I need this morning, when I finally get a little introvert time.
4. Lancaster Food Company‘s multi-grain bread. It’s so tasty. And they exist with a social purpose. Check out their About page.
5. Heart. The heart is a forest that always has more spaces to explore. Always another grove or bosque, previously overlooked, just waiting to be known. I love being a human being.
May we always walk in Beauty!