1. Gulls by the hundreds flying in the dawn across the River
2. Watching the freshmen really take up the work of deep discussion
3. How one foot just goes in front of the other. Then the next one.
4. The sense of sight. As my eyes age, I am more and more keenly aware of how appreciate clear vision.
5. Being in a body. Incarnation. There is so much to learn in this body, and I spend entirely too much time wishing it were different in some way, like I just did by wishing that my eyes weren’t aging quite so quickly. And every moment, every itch, every ache, every noticing, is a chance to learn something about the interaction of spirit and matter.
May we walk in Beauty!