Redacted Poem: I pulled the words and phrases from one page in an old copy of National Geographic. My favorite phrase is “some visionaries face revision.”
What Gives Rise
ancestors explore a better place
close the circle completing the journey
yet it hardly ended
we go to Mars backtrack and regroup
some visionaries face revision
trying to figure out
what gives rise to this “madness”
we’re doing what they did
an urge to explore rises in us
you find people
1. One small boy who is seven years old today. He has a hilarious sense of humor, a well-developed sense of himself, and open-hearted compassion for the people around him. He is an observer, watching and noticing little details, from the kind of car everyone drives to whether or not someone seems to be having a good or a bad day. I am so glad that he came to be in this family.
2. The ways in which the body is designed to protect itself and heal itself. Those minute guard dogs, the white blood cells, are meant to attack scary intruders. Today I am praying for someone’s white blood cells to be healthfully and speedily replenished. The body is designed to do that, too. May it be so.
3. More reconnecting. Strengthening the web. Building the form and reconnecting the strands.
4. Making dolls/creatures. I haven’t made anything with a personality for a while. (I’ve been making hearts and scarves and things.) I had sort of forgotten the satisfying way that I begin to fall in love with something as soon as it has eyes and it begins to take the shape that it is meant to take.
5. Warm days. I managed to get through winter without too much whining about the cold (I guess it wasn’t particularly cold for very long).
May we walk in Beauty!