Not exactly a poem, perhaps, but I will write it like one:
Just for today,
let all the stories be happy ones,
full of surprise and laughter,
the gifts of the unexpected.
we’ll get back to the business
of saving the world,
of figuring out how
to love away the meanness,
how to create a shining space
in the dim and dingy rooms.
let all the stories be happy ones.
1. I really didn’t want to give up a day off for an IU13 conference, but I am incredibly glad I went, inspired to engage students in the written word, full of helpful ideas for sparking interest in the text, and eager to keep learning myself.
2. Back to school. Back to rhythm. I admit, it’s hard to get back to the work after a wonderful break, but I do miss it when I am away. I love having a job I love.
3. Small graces. A little extra time to do something. A moment of sunshine on a gray day. A smile from someone in a distracted moment.
4. Tiger eye–such a shiny stone.
5. The great wisdom of my friends. I am fortunate to have many wise and compassionate and hopeful people in my life.
May we walk in Beauty.