While you were sleeping,
small birds were calling outside
the sun was knocking
hard on the bedroom windows.
Messages were delivered.
1. Rice and Curry. Anne and Todd’s East African meal last night, and the people who bought seats at the table in order to support my school. What a lovely group of people.
2. The way the porch light shines through the ostrich ferns in the evenings.
3. The ferns. One day they’re little fiddle heads, and then I blink, and they’re almost as tall as I am.
4. That moon last night, rising golden above the horizon.
5. Fortitude. Will. Determination. Grit.
May we walk in Beauty!