1. Goethite, those small brown-black cubes we find in the fields. Remineralized pyrite. Philosopher’s stone.
2. The Curious Garden. A small boy came home from school yesterday, inspired by a book/video his teacher had shown him in class. He wanted me to help him to create a place behind the house where he would put plants he likes. Then he took me inside to show me the book on the computer. As we were finding this, he said, “I think you’re really going to like this one.” I love that, that he is sharing literature with me, thinking about whether I would like it. And he was right. I really did.
3. Meeting the challenges. I’m really living into The Odyssey right now, looking at the islands of Odysseus’s journey, thinking about the things that derail me, that challenge me, that keep from becoming my truest self, and the challenges that help me to become my truest self.
4. Planning my contemplative retreat. I’ve chosen dates for my monastery trip. Today I will call and reserve my little room. I cannot express how deeply satisfying this is.
5. I also heard orioles on campus yesterday–even one in the tree outside my window!
May we walk in Beauty!