1. I guess I am grateful for the crunchy things, too. I’m trying, anyway, to find that space where I can say, “This will make me wiser. This will make me stronger. This will make me more compassionate, when I have reached the other side.” W must find the courage for the hard conversations, find the space between outrage and complacency, where the powers of heart and reason meet. Yes, I am grateful for the crunchy things, too.
2. Archetypes. I love the way our stories–across cultures and across times–share so many of the same archetypal elements: tricksters, shining children, witches (in many forms), heroic characters, wise mentors. . .
3. Friday. After today, only one more of these this school year. I love the closure of a Friday, and I love anticipating Friday morning hymn sings, which I will miss this summer.
4. Plugging away. Keep the tractor moving down the row, and eventually you get to the end.
5. Poetry. The way people respond to a poem, even when they say they hate poetry. Give them the right one, and you can see the Aha dawn in their eyes. Maybe there’s a poem out there for everyone–you just have to find out which one is for you. Some of us are greedy and think that every poem is somehow ours. Forgive us. We’ll share.
May we walk, each day, in Beauty.