In one dream, I am looking at a pile of wooden bits and pieces, sort of frustrated at the mess, when I realize that it’s all the parts to a spinning wheel, and a really fine wheel at that. All I have to do is put it together. (I think I should get out my spindle this summer.)
In another dream, I standing outside with friends when there is a shimmering in the air nearby, like some tiny creature slipping through the veil between worlds. “That’s a hummingbird!” someone says. We keep watching it flitting around. It still looks more like a creature of faerie to me.
Today is a challenging Gratitude List. I have been having an allergy-stricken pity party for the past 18 hours. It’s hard to create a Gratitude List in the midst of self-pity. I considered not even doing this this morning because this one–wracked as it is by self-pity–feels self-absorbed, but it is also part of my process of growing. Perhaps this will help me to move beyond myself.
1. (What is comforting?) A snoogly kid next to me in the big chair.
2. (What is comforting?) Seven hours of not sneezing.
3. (What is comforting?) While the day ahead has lots of work, I can schedule it myself.
4. (What pleases you?) The green light of morning touching the tops of the trees in the hollow.
5. (What do you anticipate?) Rest, solitude, clear sinuses
May we walk in Beauty!