Spending the weekend with college friends at the Amish Paradise Vacation Home in Leacock, PA. I feel like a tourist in my own territory. It’s like we’re all one family gathered at Grandma’s house for the weekend, only there’s no common Grandma.
1. (What do you hear?) A rooster singing morning matins. Chickadee. Cars out on 30. Whoosh of an early morning biker.
2. (What is satisfying?) Sitting around the dining room table like we used to do, how the conversation just gets going, the serious ideas, the laughter, the kids.
3. (What do you see?) Coppery leaves of maple, shining green eyes of my early morning companion.
4. (Where does hope reside?) In re-framing the conversations. In holding willfully and fiercely to hopes and ideals and dreams of what-may-be.
5. (What are the words for the day?) Memory, laughter, love, children, conversation, listening, friendship, family.
May we walk in Beauty!