1. Summertime suppers. Everything is based on the veggie of the moment.
2. Working together. Just before sunset, all four of us went up into the fields to transplant brassicas under a glorious Michelangelo sky.
3. Dream fragments. I woke with this phrase in my head: “You have been chosen to be the caretaker of this tree for the time that you are here.” Try as I might, I cannot remember the context, cannot pull out the fleetingest of images, cannot see who said this.
4. Bridges. To recovery. To hope. To new strength. To the other side of the terrifying chasm. To the each other. Keep crossing them. Keep building and fortifying them. Keep believing in them.
5. How a little phrase will capture and hold the attention of the inner eye: beloved community, furious opposites, the interior castle. How they ring like bells in the inner consciousness, saying: Pay attention now. Think on this thing.
May we walk these bridges together, in Beauty.