Today’s poetry prompt is to write a poem about something that happens again and again.
This is a poem in hope that the cycle will continue for many years to come:
The Monarchs Return to Mexico
by Beth Weaver-Kreider
Every year they find their way back.
Through the veils of mist that hover
over the mountain passes they flutter.
Their flaming wings set the woods afire
as morning sun sparkles through the canopy.
The forest breathes with orange light.
1. The music in church today. “Kyrie, eleison.” Supporting each other in song. Sitting next to Nancy and harmonizing with her, blending our voices.
2. A wonderful set of interviews at LMS this afternoon: Phyllis Pellman Good interviewed nine alumni about their work, how LMS prepared them for their lives, and what touchpoints they use for making ethical/moral decisions. Profound.
3. Seeing people’s safety pins.
4. The poet Andrea Gibson tweeted something about remembering how music heals. Yes.
5. Making salt dough with the kid.
May we walk in Beauty!